Adults|Grammar|Elementary|22. Present Simple, Present Continuous
Present Simple and Present Continuous
Present Simple vs. Present Continuous — both are present, but what’s the difference?
✔️ My family usually watch films online. We don’t often go to the cinema and prefer sitting on the sofa with snacks.
But today, we are going to the cinema. We aren’t staying at home.
|Present Simple (facts)||Present Continuous (processes)|
|+||I, you, we, they + V1
He, she, it + Vs
|am/is/are + Ving|
|—||I, you, we, they + don’t + V1
He, she, it + doesn’t + V1
|Am/is/are NOT + Ving|
|?||Do + I, you, we, they + V1?
Does + he, she, it + V1?
|Are/Is/Am + 🙂 + Ving|
|Present Simple||Present Continuous|
|often, usually, always, hardly ever
I always drink coffee in the morning.
|now, right now
Liz is watering the plants right now.
|every day, every week, every year
We work every day.
|at the moment
My neighbors are having a party at the moment.
|once a day, twice a week, 3 times a month
I go to the gym twice a week.
Are you still playing computer games?
|typical phrases with «to be»
to be late for — How often are you late for work?
to be ill/sick — He is ill today.
to be tired — I am not often tired.
She doesn’t like sports, but today she is going to the gym.
||✔️ When do you usually go to sleep?|
Choose the right option
Correct one mistake in each sentence
Complete the sentences with am/is/are or do/does in the positive or negative form
Type short answers to the questions
Match the questions and the answers
If you open the lesson plan you will be able to assign separate pages as homework or all the homework pages at once.
- Theory: Present Simple, Present Continuous
- Choose the correct option
- Correct one mistake
- Complete the sentences
- Type short answers
- Match the questions and the answers
- 1. Introductory lessons|Welcome! Your Personal Track
- 2. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|1. Present Tense. To be. Positive
- 3. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|2. Present. To be. Negative
- 4. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|3. Present Tense. To be. Questions
- 5. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|4. Possessive Determiners
- 6. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|5. Articles
- 7. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|6. Present Simple. All Verbs. Positive
- 8. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|7. Present Simple. All Verbs. Negative
- 9. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|8. Present Simple. Questions
- 10. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|9. Possessive's
- 11. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|10. Telling the time
- 12. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|11. Adverbs of frequency
- 13. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|12. Can/can't
- 14. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|13. Like doing
- 15. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|14. Object pronouns
- 16. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|15. Possessive pronouns
- 17. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|16. Past Simple (To be)
- 18. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|17. Past Simple: regular verbs
- 19. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|18. Past Simple: irregular verbs
- 20. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|19. There is/There are
- 21. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|20. There was/There were
- 22. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|21. Present Continuous
- 23. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|22. Present Simple, Present Continuous
- 24. Adults|Grammar|Elementary| 23. Countable / uncountable nouns
- 25. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|24. Quantifiers
- 26. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|25. Be going to (plans)
- 27. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|26. Be going to (predictions)
- 28. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|27. Comparative Adjectives
- 29. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|28. Superlative Adjectives
- 30. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|29. Adverbs
- 31. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|30. Present Perfect
- 32. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|31. Irregular Verbs
- 33. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|32. Prepositions
- 34. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|33. Am/is/are — questions
- 35. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|34. I am doing
- 36. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|35. Are you doing?
- 37. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|36. I do/work/like etc.
- 38. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|37. I don't...
- 39. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|38. Do you...
- 40. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|39. Am/is/are
- 41. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|1. First Conditional
- 42. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|2. Second Conditional
- 43. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|3. First & Second Conditional
- 44. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|7. Pr Perfect vs Past Simple
- 45. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|8. Used to or Didn't use to
- 46. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|9. To be + Past participle
- 47. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|10. Defining Relative Clauses
- 48. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|11. Past Simple
- 49. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|12. Past Continuous
- 50. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|13. Questions and Auxiliaries
- 51. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|14. Conjunctions
- 52. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|15. Going to