Adults|Grammar|Elementary|26. Be going to (predictions)
Be going to (Predictions)
Look at the clouds! It’s going to rain.
- The bookshelf is shaking, it‘s going to fall.
- Mary and John are perfect for each other, they‘re going to get married someday.
+ Subject + be + going to + verb
Alex is going to get a new job.
— Subject + be + not + going to + verb
We are not going to be late to the meeting.
? (Question word) + be + subject + going to + verb
Is it going to snow? Where is it going to fall?
Use them to talk about predictions, if we can see now that it is sure to happen.
- Oh dear! It’s 8 o’clock and I’m not ready! I’m going to be late!
- The blue team has 5 points and the red team only has 2. The blue team is going to win.
||✔️ Is he going to lose his job?|
Fill in the gaps with the correct form of to be going to and the given verb
Put the words in the correct order to make questions
Click the unnecessary word in each sentence
Complete the sentences with the correct form of to be going to and the given verb
Complete the sentences with the missing verbs
If you open the lesson plan you will be able to assign separate pages as homework or all the homework pages at once.
- Theory: Be going to (predictions)
- Fill in the gaps
- Order the words
- Mark the unnecessary word
- Complete the sentences
- 1. Introductory lessons|Welcome! Your Personal Track
- 2. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|1. Present Tense. To be. Positive
- 3. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|2. Present. To be. Negative
- 4. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|3. Present Tense. To be. Questions
- 5. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|4. Possessive Determiners
- 6. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|5. Articles
- 7. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|6. Present Simple. All Verbs. Positive
- 8. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|7. Present Simple. All Verbs. Negative
- 9. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|8. Present Simple. Questions
- 10. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|9. Possessive's
- 11. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|10. Telling the time
- 12. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|11. Adverbs of frequency
- 13. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|12. Can/can't
- 14. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|13. Like doing
- 15. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|14. Object pronouns
- 16. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|15. Possessive pronouns
- 17. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|16. Past Simple (To be)
- 18. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|17. Past Simple: regular verbs
- 19. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|18. Past Simple: irregular verbs
- 20. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|19. There is/There are
- 21. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|20. There was/There were
- 22. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|21. Present Continuous
- 23. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|22. Present Simple, Present Continuous
- 24. Adults|Grammar|Elementary| 23. Countable / uncountable nouns
- 25. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|24. Quantifiers
- 26. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|25. Be going to (plans)
- 27. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|26. Be going to (predictions)
- 28. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|27. Comparative Adjectives
- 29. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|28. Superlative Adjectives
- 30. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|29. Adverbs
- 31. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|30. Present Perfect
- 32. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|31. Irregular Verbs
- 33. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|32. Prepositions
- 34. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|33. Am/is/are — questions
- 35. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|34. I am doing
- 36. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|35. Are you doing?
- 37. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|36. I do/work/like etc.
- 38. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|37. I don't...
- 39. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|38. Do you...
- 40. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|39. Am/is/are
- 41. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|1. First Conditional
- 42. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|2. Second Conditional
- 43. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|3. First & Second Conditional
- 44. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|7. Pr Perfect vs Past Simple
- 45. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|8. Used to or Didn't use to
- 46. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|9. To be + Past participle
- 47. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|10. Defining Relative Clauses
- 48. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|11. Past Simple
- 49. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|12. Past Continuous
- 50. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|13. Questions and Auxiliaries
- 51. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|14. Conjunctions
- 52. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|15. Going to