Adults|Grammar|Elementary|34. I am doing
Read the examples
1. She‘s eating.
She isn’t reading.
2. It‘s raining.
The sun isn’t shining.
3. They‘re running.
They aren’t walking.
Read the rules
The present continuous is:
am/is/are + doing/eating/running/writing etc.
We use the Present Continuous tense in this situation
am/is/are + -ing = something is happening now:
she‘s wearing a hat
they‘re playing football
I‘m not watching television
1. Please be quiet. I‘m working. (= I’m working now)
2. Look, there’s Sarah. She‘s wearing a brown coat. (= she is wearing it now)
3. The weather is nice. It‘s not raining.
4. «Where are the children?» «They‘re playing in the park.»
5. (on the phone) We‘re having dinner now. Can I phone you later?
6. You can turn off the television. I‘m not watching it.
Read the spelling rules
- come → coming
- write → writing
- dance → dancing
- run → running
- sit → sitting
- swim→ swimming
- lie → lying
- die → dying
- tie → tying
What are these people doing? Use these verbs to complete the sentences:
Complete the sentences. Use these verbs:
Look at the picture. Write sentences about Jane. Use She’s -ing or She isn’t -ing.
What’s happening now? Write true sentences
If you open the lesson plan you will be able to assign separate pages as homework or all the homework pages at once.
- She is eating
- The rules
- I'm working
- What are these people doing?
- What is Jane doing?
- What's happening now?
- 1. Introductory lessons|Welcome! Your Personal Track
- 2. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|1. Present Tense. To be. Positive
- 3. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|2. Present. To be. Negative
- 4. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|3. Present Tense. To be. Questions
- 5. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|4. Possessive Determiners
- 6. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|5. Articles
- 7. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|6. Present Simple. All Verbs. Positive
- 8. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|7. Present Simple. All Verbs. Negative
- 9. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|8. Present Simple. Questions
- 10. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|9. Possessive's
- 11. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|10. Telling the time
- 12. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|11. Adverbs of frequency
- 13. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|12. Can/can't
- 14. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|13. Like doing
- 15. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|14. Object pronouns
- 16. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|15. Possessive pronouns
- 17. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|16. Past Simple (To be)
- 18. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|17. Past Simple: regular verbs
- 19. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|18. Past Simple: irregular verbs
- 20. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|19. There is/There are
- 21. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|20. There was/There were
- 22. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|21. Present Continuous
- 23. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|22. Present Simple, Present Continuous
- 24. Adults|Grammar|Elementary| 23. Countable / uncountable nouns
- 25. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|24. Quantifiers
- 26. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|25. Be going to (plans)
- 27. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|26. Be going to (predictions)
- 28. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|27. Comparative Adjectives
- 29. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|28. Superlative Adjectives
- 30. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|29. Adverbs
- 31. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|30. Present Perfect
- 32. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|31. Irregular Verbs
- 33. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|32. Prepositions
- 34. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|33. Am/is/are — questions
- 35. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|34. I am doing
- 36. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|35. Are you doing?
- 37. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|36. I do/work/like etc.
- 38. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|37. I don't...
- 39. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|38. Do you...
- 40. Adults|Grammar|Elementary|39. Am/is/are
- 41. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|1. First Conditional
- 42. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|2. Second Conditional
- 43. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|3. First & Second Conditional
- 44. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|7. Pr Perfect vs Past Simple
- 45. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|8. Used to or Didn't use to
- 46. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|9. To be + Past participle
- 47. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|10. Defining Relative Clauses
- 48. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|11. Past Simple
- 49. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|12. Past Continuous
- 50. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|13. Questions and Auxiliaries
- 51. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|14. Conjunctions
- 52. Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|15. Going to