Answer the questions
1. Do you like travelling? How often do you travel?
2. Are you planning to travel this year? Where? Why?
Match the words and the pictures
Watch the video and put the places in the order you see them
BBC Around The World
In this programme, people from around the world answer the questions: Who are you? Where are you from? What’s your job?
We speak to Kustaa in Finland, Mizna in Oman, Pablo in Chile, Aisha in Malaysia and Eric in Canada.
Listen and mark the sentences True or False
Read the rules
Listen again and complete the text about Kaitlin
Read the rules
«To be» in Present simple. Questions or Interrogative Sentences
• «Am I late?» «No, you’re on time.»
• «Is your mother at home?» «No, she’s out.»
• «Are your parents at home?» «No, they’re out.»
• «Is it cold in your room?» «Yes, a little.»
• Your shoes are nice. Are they new?
• Is she at home? / Is your mother at home? (not Is at home your mother?)
• Are they new? / Are your shoes new? (not Are new your shoes?)
Where … ? / What … ? / Who … ? / How … ? / Why … ?
• Where is your mother? Is she at home?
• «Where are you from?» «Canada.»
• «What colour is your car?» «It’s red.»
• «How old is Joe?» «He’s 24.»
• How are your parents? Are they well?
• These postcards are nice. How much are they?
• This hotel isn’t very good. Why is it so expensive?
what‘s = what is who‘s = who is how‘s = how is where‘s = where is
• What’s the time?
• Where’s Lucy?
• Who’s that man?
• How’s your father?
Talk about you and your country. Use the questions and key phrases to help
1. Where are you from?
2. Is your city big or small?
3. What’s your job?
4. Is English important for you?
• I’m/My name’s …
• Hello from (Ireland).
• I (really) love it (here)
• I’m a/an (teacher/engineer).
• The countryside (in Ireland) is beautiful.
• Dublin is a (city/a town/a village) in …
• It’s/It isn’t very (big/beautiful/small/old).
Choose the correct answer
Let’s read the information about levels of English
The international language assessment system consists of 7 levels:
Match the words to the pictures
Match the words in the hotel registration card
Read Rita’s personal information and tick the points she mentions
Rita Petersen’s introduction for a class blog
Hello, or «hallo» in German. I’m Rita Petersen and I’m from Germany. I’m a businesswoman with Volkswagen. I speak German and English in my job. I’m from Berlin, the capital city of Germany. Berlin is a charming city with a mix of old and new buildings. The countryside in Germany is beautiful, with lovely mountains and rivers.
- Describing places
- People from around the world
- An Irish woman
- To be Grammar
- Present simple
- Me and my country
- Grammar test
- Your level
- Personal information
- A personal introduction
Урок не принадлежит курсу