EM|Upper-Int|6. Business model canvas
Think about Emma’s question. Then listen to Emma and tick the correct characteristics for each category
What is it?
Listen to the audio and choose the correct statements
What does it look like?
Look at the Business Model Canvas and label its parts. Think of what each element could be
Look at the questions each element of the Business Model Canvas answers and think what they are called. Flip the cards to check
Do the tasks
Watch the video (00:00–03:00) and choose the correct options to complete the statements
Watch the video (03:00–06:13) and mark the statements as True or False
Watch the video (06:13–09:03) and complete the summary with the correct words
Imagine you are completing the Business Model Canvas for a web designer. Choose the correct pieces of information for each segment. If needed, watch the video again
Do the tasks
Listen to an expert talking about the first block of the Business Model Canvas and complete the description
Try to answer the questions in your own words and using your own ideas
Now listen and complete the sentences with the given words
Listen to an expert talking about the third block of the Business Model Canvas and choose the correct options to complete the statements
Using your own ideas, complete the elements of the Business Model Canvas for Uber
Watch the video and compare the information with your guesses in Exercise 1. Then answer the questions below
1. What points in your version of the Uber Business Model Canvas are the same as in the video?
2. What points are different? Why do you think you haven’t included these points?
3. Are there any points on which you don’t agree with the author?
4. What has surprised you in his version of the Business Model Canvas?
You’ve seen some examples of completing the Business Model Canvas, and now it’s time to do it by yourself.
Read the task and prepare your 3-minute speech
Remember the task that Max had to do? Well, now it’s your turn! Think of a company and design a business model for it by completing the Business Model Canvas. Follow the steps:
- Choose a company you’d like to talk about.
- Choose a way of completing the canvas: online on 🔗Strategyzer, in a 🔗PDF, or in any program you want, like Word or Excel.
- Complete the canvas. Use some of the words and phrases from the wordlist.
- Once you are done, make a screenshot of the completed canvas and paste the link to it into the text area. You can also use the text area for taking notes.
Allow your browser access to your microphone, press the button «Record» and record the speech you have prepared
Choose the correct statements
- Not a business plan
- A special tool
- The BM Canvas in action
- Detailing the segments
- Using the canvas
- Assess your progress