GE|Adults|Beginner|13. Free time in our life
1.1 There is a list of the most popular sports in the world. Do you know the names of these sports? What sports do you know? Match the pictures with the words. Are these sports popular in your country?
1.1 Look at the pictures. Match the sports with their names.
1.2 Listen and repeat the names of the sports. Pay attention on the stress.
2.1 Read the text. Complete it with the words from the chart.
2.2 Listen to the text. Check yourself.
We know that football…
2.3 Which sports do you do? Which sports do you watch? Which is your favourite sport? Do you have a favourite team or sportsman?
1.1 Read the text about Serena Williams and answer the questions:
1. What does she do?
2. Where is she from?
3. How old is she?
Serena Williams is an American professional tennis player. She is 37 and she is from Saginaw, Michigan, U.S.. Serena won four gold medals at the Olympic Games.
1.2 Listen to an interview with Serena Williams. Number the questions in the correct order from 1 to 8.
1.3 Listen to an interview with Serena Williams again. Answer the questions.
1. What time does Serena usually get up?
2. What does she usually have for breakfast?
3. How often does she train?
4. Does she have free time?
5. What does she do in her free time?
6. Does she have children?
7. Does she have time for her family?
8. Does she relax before matches?
1.1 Can you remember the questions and answers? Make the questions and give answers to them.
2.1 Read the rule.
Word order in questions in Present Simple.
1. Questions with be.
We form the questions with be:
to be + Subject (noun or subject pronoun).
Is he Mark?
Are you a student?
2. Questions with be and wh- word.
We form the questions with be and wh- word:
Wh-word (what, where, why, how old, etc.) + to be + Subject (noun or subject pronoun).
Where are you from?
How old are you?
3. Questions with other verbs.
We form the questions with other verbs with the auxiliary verb (do/does):
We use does for he, she, it.
We use do for I, we, you, they.
Do/ does + Subject (noun or subject pronoun) + Infinitive (= verb).
Do you live in a town?
Does he work in an office?
Wh-word (what, where, why, how old, etc.) + do/ does + Subject + Infinitive (= verb).
Where do you live?
What time do you get up?
2.2 Make the questions.
Example: you/ live/ do/ in the country? – Do you live in the country?
2.3 Use is, are, do, does to complete the questions.
Example: Where … your brother live? — Where does your brother live?
2.4 Open the brackets in present simple. Pay attention to the word order.
Example: you usually get up? (What time) — What time do you usually get up?
1.1 Listen and complete the words.
At the weekend…
1.2 Listen and repeat the new words.
2.1 Complete the words and phrases. Use the words from the list.
play / meet / go / walk / do / meet / stay / play / travel / relax
2.2 Make the sentences using never and sometimes.
Example: I sometimes travel with my family. I never play the piano.
1.1 Listen and repeat the words and sounds.
1.2 Listen and read the sentences. Copy the sounds and rhythm.
1. We have the weekend in a town.
2. There is a chair in the house.
3. What is handball?
4. Do we have brown hair?
5. Who is that man down the lake?
6. The brown ball is in the air.
1.1 Speak about your week. Answer the questions.
1. What time do you usually get up during the week?
2. What time do you get up at the weekend?
3. Do you have a shower or a bath in the morning?
4. What do you usually have for breakfast?
5. What time do you go to work/ school/ university?
6. Do you have lunch there?
7. What time do you usually finish work/ school/ university?
8. What do you usually do in the evening?
9. Do you cook dinner?
10. Do you do sport? What sport do you do or watch?
11. What do you do at the weekend?
12. Do you go shopping?
13. Do you meet friends on Saturdays/ Sundays?
14. Do you often go out?
15. Do you like to travel?
Homework / Домашнее задание
1.1 Write the names of the sports. / Напиши наименования видов спорта.
2.1 Put the words in the correct order to make questions. / Поставь слова в правильном порядке, составь вопросы.
old/ how/ your/ brother/ is?
How old is your brother?
2.2 Complete the questions. Use the correct question word. / Составь вопросы. Используй правильное вопросительное слово.
(How/ what/ where) do you eat for breakfast?
What do you eat for breakfast?
2.3 Complete the questions. Use is, are, do, does. / Составь вопросы. Используй is, are, do, does.
Example: … you go to the gym?
Do you go to the gym?
3.1 Look at the photos. Complete the questions. / Посмотри на фото. Составь вопросы.
4.1 Listen and mark the word with the different sound. / Послушай аудио и отметь слова с непохожим звуком.
4.2 Listen and repeat the sounds and words. Pay attention on the sounds and stress. / Послушай аудио и повтори звуки и слова. Обрати внимание на звуки и ударение.
4.3 Learn these useful words and phrases. Listen and repeat. / Запомни эти полезные слова и фразы. Послушай и повтори.
4.4 Listen to the interview. Mark T (true) or F (false). / Послушай интервью. Отметь предложения правда/ложь.
5.1 Click on the icon below and learn new words with Quizlet app. / Кликни по иконке ниже и учи новые слова в мобильном приложении Quizlet.
- 1. GE|Adults|Beginner|1. Nice to meet you!
- 2. GE|Adults|Beginner|2. Where are you from?
- 3. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 1: Can you spell it?
- 4. GE|Adults|Beginner|3. We're Americans
- 5. GE|Adults|Beginner|4. What's your phone number?
- 6. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 1-4
- 7. GE|Adults|Beginner|5. What's in your bag?
- 8. GE|Adults|Beginner|6. Souvenirs and prices
- 9. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 2: How much is it?
- 10. GE|Adults|Beginner|7. People and family
- 11. GE|Adults|Beginner|8. Common adjectives
- 12. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 5-8
- 13. GE|Adults|Beginner|9. What do you have for breakfast?
- 14. GE|Adults|Beginner|10. A long flight
- 15. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 3: What's the time?
- 16. GE|Adults|Beginner|11. What do you do?
- 17. GE|Adults|Beginner|12. My typical day
- 18. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 9-12
- 19. GE|Adults|Beginner|13. Free time in our life
- 20. GE|Adults|Beginner|14. Cinema
- 21. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 4: How can I get there?
- 22. GE|Adults|Beginner|15. I can do it!
- 23. GE|Adults|Beginner|16. Do you like cycling?
- 24. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 13-16
- 25. GE|Adults|Beginner|17. What am I doing?
- 26. GE|Adults|Beginner|18. The Secret Mission
- 27. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 5: Would you like a cup of coffee?
- 28. GE|Adults|Beginner|19. In a hotel
- 29. GE|Adults|Beginner|20. Famous people
- 30. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 6: Where am I?
- 31. GE|Adults|Beginner|21. It was my dream
- 32. GE|Adults|Beginner|22. One day
- 33. GE|Adults|Beginner|23. I Rode A Camel!
- 34. GE|Adults|Beginner|24. I'm going to Vatican
- 35. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 17-24