GE|Adults|Beginner|18. The Secret Mission
1.1 Match the words with the photos. Listen and repeat them.
1.1 Read and listen to the text about a UK TV show. Why is the millionaire going undercover?
The Secret Millionaire is a TV show where different millionaires live undercover in community. They have a limited budget for a week. They have a legend that they are impoverished. Some people help them. They say that they need a camera to film a documentary. In the end they reveal their real names and give away thousands of pounds to those who they think deserve it.
In episode 1 series 3 the secret millionaire is a businessman James Benamor who owns Richmond Group. He is living “undercover”.
He usually works in an office, but today he is working as a classroom assistant.
He usually has important business meetings, but today he’s working at school.
He usually wears a smart suit, but today he is wearing jeans and a T-shirt.
The Secret Millionaire
1.2 Complete the sentences with the words have, wear or work in present simple or present continuous. Then listen to the text and check.
2.1 Complete the rule. Mark now or today, every day.
2.2 Read the rule. Listen and repeat the examples. Present simple or Present continuous?
1. We use present simple for things that are normally true or for things we do usually, always, every day, sometimes, never:
The Earth is round. I get up at 7 every day.
2. We use present continuous for things happening today/ now/ this moment:
I’m doing housework now. I’m working from home today.
3.1 Open the brackets in present simple or present continuous.
Example: Marry usually (do) housework in the evening, but today she (cook) dinner.
Marry usually does housework in the evening, but today she is cooking dinner.
3.2 Open the brackets in present simple or present continuous.
Example: you usually (cook) dinner after work?
Do you usually cook dinner after work?
1.1 Read and listen to the summary of The Secret Millionaire with James Benamor. What do the words in bold mean? Use the dictionary if necessary.
The Secret Millionaire
James says he’s a classroom assistant. The other workers don’t know who he really is. Today, he is working in the classroom with teenagers. The other people usually motivate James, but today he is motivating the young people to study. Then he is going to the library to meet people who need help.
James is talking to teenagers about the things they can and can’t get from the world if they study or not. He is meeting a woman whose 19-year-old son was shot. This meeting is emotionally difficult for him.
James’s working in a hostel for homeless young men. He is cooking food and sweeping the yard.
James is washing his clothes with his hands. He has forgotten how to do this. Volunteering has changed his life. Now he thinks that everyone should do it. He is meeting other volunteers who want to help young men to understand their ideas.
James is driving to the classroom. The teenagers and he are cooking meal. They have a lunch club to spend their time.
James is cleaning the windows in a hostel for homeless young men. He is making his decision about those who deserve his money.
At the end James says that it’s a good experience for him. He says that he is James Benamor and he’s a multimillionaire. He is giving a number of checks today for those who he thinks deserve it. James gives motivation and hope for young men who don’t want to study and for people who devote themselves to charity.
The Secret Millionaire
1.2 Mark the sentences T (true) or F (false).
1.3 Do you think The Secret Millionaire a good idea for a TV programme? Why?
1.1 Match the pictures with the words. Listen and repeat.
1.1 Students aged 16-17 do two weeks’ work experience in the UK. Listen to Kate, who is working as a shop assistant in a shoe shop in Wales. Is she positive or negative about it?
Interviewer and Kate
1.2 Listen to the dialofue again and answer the questions.
1. Does Kate wear a uniform in a shop?
2. What kind of shop is Step by step?
3. What kinds of shoes and clothes are there in the shop?
4. What does Kate usually do in the shop?
5. Does she like working there?
6. Is there anything she doesn’t like?
7. Does she want to work there after two weeks’ work experience?
8. Do you think it’s a good idea for young people to do work experience? Why?
1.1 Listen and repeat the sounds and words.
Sounds and words
1.2 Listen and repeat the sentences.
1.1 Answer the questions.
1. What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
2. What are you wearing today?
3. What clothes do you usually wear in autumn?
4. What clothes do you usually wear in summer?
5. What clothes do you usually wear at the weekend?
6. What clothes do you usually wear to work/ school?
1.2 Say what your family members are wearing today? What do they usually wear?
Example: My mother is wearing a black dress today. She usually wears a shirt and a skirt.
Homework / Домашнее задание
1.1 Choose the correct form. / Выбери правильный вариант.
1.2 Open the brackets in present simple or present continuous. / Открой скобки и напиши глаголы в форме present simple или present continuous.
2.1 Listen and choose the word with the different sound. / Послушай аудио и выбери слово с непохожим звуком.
2.2 Listen to the words again and repeat them. / Послушай слова снова и повтори их.
3.1 Write the words. / Напиши слова.
4.1 Listen to an interview. Complete the sentences. / Послушай интервью. Составь предложения.
Interviewer and Alice
5.1 Click on the icon below and learn new words with Quizlet app. / Кликни по иконке ниже и учи новые слова в мобильном приложении Quizlet.
- 1. GE|Adults|Beginner|1. Nice to meet you!
- 2. GE|Adults|Beginner|2. Where are you from?
- 3. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 1: Can you spell it?
- 4. GE|Adults|Beginner|3. We're Americans
- 5. GE|Adults|Beginner|4. What's your phone number?
- 6. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 1-4
- 7. GE|Adults|Beginner|5. What's in your bag?
- 8. GE|Adults|Beginner|6. Souvenirs and prices
- 9. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 2: How much is it?
- 10. GE|Adults|Beginner|7. People and family
- 11. GE|Adults|Beginner|8. Common adjectives
- 12. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 5-8
- 13. GE|Adults|Beginner|9. What do you have for breakfast?
- 14. GE|Adults|Beginner|10. A long flight
- 15. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 3: What's the time?
- 16. GE|Adults|Beginner|11. What do you do?
- 17. GE|Adults|Beginner|12. My typical day
- 18. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 9-12
- 19. GE|Adults|Beginner|13. Free time in our life
- 20. GE|Adults|Beginner|14. Cinema
- 21. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 4: How can I get there?
- 22. GE|Adults|Beginner|15. I can do it!
- 23. GE|Adults|Beginner|16. Do you like cycling?
- 24. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 13-16
- 25. GE|Adults|Beginner|17. What am I doing?
- 26. GE|Adults|Beginner|18. The Secret Mission
- 27. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 5: Would you like a cup of coffee?
- 28. GE|Adults|Beginner|19. In a hotel
- 29. GE|Adults|Beginner|20. Famous people
- 30. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 6: Where am I?
- 31. GE|Adults|Beginner|21. It was my dream
- 32. GE|Adults|Beginner|22. One day
- 33. GE|Adults|Beginner|23. I Rode A Camel!
- 34. GE|Adults|Beginner|24. I'm going to Vatican
- 35. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 17-24