GE|Adults|Beginner|24. I’m going to Vatican
1.1 Answer the questions.
1. Where did you go last weekend?
2. How did you go? (by bus, car, by train, etc.)
3. Who did you go with?
4. What did you do there?
1.1 Put the time expressions from the chart in the correct order.
1.2 Listen, check and repeat the words and phrases.
Listen and check
1.1 Read the advertisement. Would you like to go to Rome for a city break?
2 NIGHTS IN ROME FROM $180
- Fly from London to Vatican;
- Stay at the Hotel Mellini’s Deluxe.
- transfers by taxi from and to the airport;
- one day tour of the sights of Vatican.
1.2 Listen to a conversation. Mark the sentences with T (true) or F (false).
Linda and Amanda
1.3 Read the dialogue and complete it with the verbs from the chart. Then listen and check. Are these verbs used for something that’s happening at the moment or in the future?
Listen and check
2.1 Read the rule. Listen and repeat the examples.
Present Continuous for Future
You can use present continuous to talk about the future plans.
We also use present continuous for things happening now.
Future time expressions
What are you doing tonight?
I‘m going to the night club.
What are you doing next weekend?
I‘m going to Greece.
Where are you staying?
I‘m staying at a hotel.
Are you going to a restaurant tonight?
No, I‘m going to the cinema.
3.1 Complete the sentences with the verbs in brackets in present continuous.
Example: George (go) to Belfast next week.
George‘s going to Belfast next week.
3.2 Make up the sentences in present continuous.
Example: Mike/buy/a new car/next week.
Mike is buying a new car next week.
3.3 What do you remember about Amanda’s city break? Make up some sentences in present continuous.
Example: Amanda’s going to Vatican for two nights.
3.4 Write questions in present continuous. Ask and answer these questions.
Example: You/wash/the car/on Saturday?
Are you washing the car on Saturday?
The letter combination ea
1.1 Remember the rule. Listen and repeat the sounds and words.
The letter combination ea
We usually pronounce ea as [i:]: leave, eat.
Sometimes we pronounce ea as [e]: breakfast.
Remember when we pronounce ea as [eɪ]: steak [steɪk], break [breɪk], great [greɪt].
Sounds and words
1.2 Listen and repeat the sentences.
The weather is cool
1.1 Listen to three people talking about their plans for a city break. Whose weekend would you like to go on? Why?
Plans for a city break
1. Where is Diana going next week?
2. When is she leaving?
3. Who is she going with?
4. How is she travelling?
5. Where is she staying?
6. Where is Rob going for a city break?
7. When is he leaving?
8. Who is he going with?
9. How are they travelling?
10. Where are they staying?
11. Where is Beatrice going next week?
12. When is she leaving?
13. Who is she going with?
14. How is she travelling?
15. Where is she staying?
1.1 Write the questions in present continuous.
Example: Where/you/go/for/your/dream/city break?
Where are you going for your dream city break?
1.2 Answer the questions above (start with — Where are you going for your dream city break?).
1.3 Speak about your relatives or friends city break plans.
Example: My sister is going to Spain for a city break for 3 nights. She’s leaving on Monday morning. She’s travelling with her boyfriend by plane. They’re staying at a hotel.
Homework / Домашнее задание
1.1 Complete and remember the time expressions. Use them in the correct order. / Составь и запомни временные выражения. Используй их в правильном порядке.
Example: n… — now
1.2 Complete the text with the time expressions. / Составь текст с временными выражениями.
Example: Christian is studying English today.
Today February 10
9 a.m. English lesson
4 p.m. Go to the gym
3 p.m. Visit granny
8 a.m. Driving test
9 p.m. Go to the cinema
8 p.m. Date with Silvia
2.1 Complete the sentences with the given verbs in present continuous. / Составь предложения с данными глаголами в Present Continuous.
Example: I‘m baking a cake for my parents tonight.
2.2 Complete the dialogue with the verbs from the chart in present continuous. / Составь диалог с глаголами из таблицы в Present Continuous.
Example: A: What … you… this evening?
B: I … dinner with Mathew tonight.
A: What are you doing this evening?
B: I‘m having dinner with Mathew tonight.
3.1 Read the text about Vienna. Would you like to go to Vienna for a city break? Why?/Why not? What do the words in bold mean? Use a dictionary to check the meaning and pronunciation. / Прочитай текст про Вену. Ты бы хотел(а) отправиться в Вену на тур выходного дня? Почему/Почему нет? Что обозначают выделенные слова? Используй словарь для проверки значения и произношения.
There are lots of things to do and see in Vienna. You need 24 hours to love Vienna.
1. Around the ring. The first thing to do is to get a tram at 7.45 a.m. before the rush hour begins. You will pass the State Opera, Town Hall, Parliament and the Donaukanal and admire these sights.
2. Coffeehouse and market. Now it’s time to have breakfast. You can eat in a coffeehouse or choose the market and even try some of the little snacks, fruit, vegetables and different kinds of delicacies.
3. Schönbrunn Palace and the zoo. Take the underground and get a tour through the state rooms in the palace, then take a walk through the park and visit the zoo.
4. Lunch with a view. There are a lot of restaurants in the centre of Vienna. The chic is inexpensive and is a good choice for lunch. You also have a good view of the central streets and buildings.
5. Art museums. It’s time to have art experience after lunch. You can find museums for everyone in this city. The most popular ones are Leopold Museum, Museum Moderner Kunst (Modern Art Museum), Kunsthistorishes Museum (History Museum).
6. Shopping. Vienna is one of the best places for shopping in the world. Here you can find a lot of antique, fashion and arts-and-crafts shops.
7. St Stephen’s Cathedral. It’s a number one attraction in Vienna. You can go down the catacombs or go up to the Tower Keeper’s Room with a great view of Vienna.
8. Drama or Opera? State Opera is a good choice if you are interested in music. If you prefer theatre, get tickets to Burgtheater (Court Theatre) or Akademietheater.
9. Bars and Clubs. Do you like to finish your evening with excellent drinks? You should go to the Loos Bar. If you want to dance with top DJs, go to Passage.
3.2 Match the paragraphs with their names. / Совмести абзацы с их названиями.
4.1 Tick the words with the same sound. Then listen and check. / Отметь слова с одинаковым звуком. Затем послушай и проверь.
Listen and check
4.2 Listen to the dialogues. What are these people doing next week? Complete the sentences. / Послушай диалог. Что эти люди будут делать на следующей неделе? Составь предложения.
I’m leaving home..
4.3 Learn these useful words and phrases. / Выучи эти полезные слова и фразы.
5.1 Click on the icon below and learn new words with Quizlet app. / Кликни по иконке ниже и учи новые слова в мобильном приложении Quizlet.
- 1. GE|Adults|Beginner|1. Nice to meet you!
- 2. GE|Adults|Beginner|2. Where are you from?
- 3. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 1: Can you spell it?
- 4. GE|Adults|Beginner|3. We're Americans
- 5. GE|Adults|Beginner|4. What's your phone number?
- 6. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 1-4
- 7. GE|Adults|Beginner|5. What's in your bag?
- 8. GE|Adults|Beginner|6. Souvenirs and prices
- 9. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 2: How much is it?
- 10. GE|Adults|Beginner|7. People and family
- 11. GE|Adults|Beginner|8. Common adjectives
- 12. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 5-8
- 13. GE|Adults|Beginner|9. What do you have for breakfast?
- 14. GE|Adults|Beginner|10. A long flight
- 15. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 3: What's the time?
- 16. GE|Adults|Beginner|11. What do you do?
- 17. GE|Adults|Beginner|12. My typical day
- 18. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 9-12
- 19. GE|Adults|Beginner|13. Free time in our life
- 20. GE|Adults|Beginner|14. Cinema
- 21. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 4: How can I get there?
- 22. GE|Adults|Beginner|15. I can do it!
- 23. GE|Adults|Beginner|16. Do you like cycling?
- 24. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 13-16
- 25. GE|Adults|Beginner|17. What am I doing?
- 26. GE|Adults|Beginner|18. The Secret Mission
- 27. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 5: Would you like a cup of coffee?
- 28. GE|Adults|Beginner|19. In a hotel
- 29. GE|Adults|Beginner|20. Famous people
- 30. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 6: Where am I?
- 31. GE|Adults|Beginner|21. It was my dream
- 32. GE|Adults|Beginner|22. One day
- 33. GE|Adults|Beginner|23. I Rode A Camel!
- 34. GE|Adults|Beginner|24. I'm going to Vatican
- 35. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 17-24