GE|Adults|Beginner|6. Souvenirs and prices
1.1 Look at the picture of different souvenirs. Try to name the things.
1.2 What souvenirs do you usually buy?
1.1 Here is the list of new words. Listen and repeat these words. What souvenirs do you collect?
1.2 Listen and write the words.
1.3 Look at the pictures and write the words with articles.
1.1 Listen and repeat. Then read the rules.
THIS/ THAT/ THOSE/ THESE
⦁ We use this/ these for things that are near us (things here)
⦁ We use that/ those for things that are far from us (things there or over there)
⦁ this/ that = singular; these/ those = plural
⦁ We also use this/ that / these/ those for people.
E.g. This is my brother, Who’s that girl over there?
This/ that / these/ those can be pronouns or adjectives.
This is my book. (= pronoun)
This book is very nice. (= adjective)
1.2 Choose the correct variant. Then listen and check.
2.1 Look at the pictures. Complete with this / that / these or those.
1.1 Listen to the words and phrases. Then repeat.
Useful words and phrases
How much are these flags? [hau mʌtʃ ɑ: ði:z flæɡz]
They are twelve pounds. [ðeɪ ɑ: twelv paundz]
They are ten dollars. [ðeɪ ɑ: ten dɔləz]
That’s expensive! [ðæts ɪksˈpensɪv]
That’s cheap! [ðæts tʃi:p]
Is this your bag? [iz ðɪs jɔ: bæɡ]
Thank you. [θæŋk ju:]
You’re welcome. [ju:əˈ welkəm]
Over there [’əuvə ðɛə]
2.1 Listen to the dialogue. Fill in the gaps with the given words.
2.2 Match the questions and the answers. Then listen and check.
3.1 Listen to the dialogue. Complete the sentences.
3.2 Role-play the dialogues with your teacher.
1.1 Listen and repeat.
|ð| this, that, these, those, the
|ə| a, an, paper, better, again
2.1 Read the sentences. Then listen and repeat.
1. This is my mother.
2. What’s that over there?
3. These are my pens, and those are his pencils.
1.1 Here are the pictures of souvenirs. Imagine that you are a customer and would like something to buy. Ask the prices, using this/ that/ these/ those.
How much is this mug? How much are those flags?
1.2 Now, imagine that you are a shop assistant. You need to tell the prices of the souvenirs.
Customer: How much is this mug?
Shop assistant: It’s twenty pounds.
Homework / Домашнее задание
1.1 Choose and mark the correct variant. / Выбери и отметь правильный вариант.
1.2 Choose and mark the correct pronoun. / Выбери и отметь правильное местоимение.
1.3 Match the phrases. Then listen and check. / Сопоставь фразы. Затем послушай аудио и проверь.
1.4 Listen and complete the phrases. / Послушай аудио и составь фразы.
1.5 Click on the icon below and learn new words with Quizlet app. / Кликни по иконке ниже и учи новые слова в мобильном приложении Quizlet.
- 1. GE|Adults|Beginner|1. Nice to meet you!
- 2. GE|Adults|Beginner|2. Where are you from?
- 3. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 1: Can you spell it?
- 4. GE|Adults|Beginner|3. We're Americans
- 5. GE|Adults|Beginner|4. What's your phone number?
- 6. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 1-4
- 7. GE|Adults|Beginner|5. What's in your bag?
- 8. GE|Adults|Beginner|6. Souvenirs and prices
- 9. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 2: How much is it?
- 10. GE|Adults|Beginner|7. People and family
- 11. GE|Adults|Beginner|8. Common adjectives
- 12. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 5-8
- 13. GE|Adults|Beginner|9. What do you have for breakfast?
- 14. GE|Adults|Beginner|10. A long flight
- 15. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 3: What's the time?
- 16. GE|Adults|Beginner|11. What do you do?
- 17. GE|Adults|Beginner|12. My typical day
- 18. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 9-12
- 19. GE|Adults|Beginner|13. Free time in our life
- 20. GE|Adults|Beginner|14. Cinema
- 21. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 4: How can I get there?
- 22. GE|Adults|Beginner|15. I can do it!
- 23. GE|Adults|Beginner|16. Do you like cycling?
- 24. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 13-16
- 25. GE|Adults|Beginner|17. What am I doing?
- 26. GE|Adults|Beginner|18. The Secret Mission
- 27. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 5: Would you like a cup of coffee?
- 28. GE|Adults|Beginner|19. In a hotel
- 29. GE|Adults|Beginner|20. Famous people
- 30. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 6: Where am I?
- 31. GE|Adults|Beginner|21. It was my dream
- 32. GE|Adults|Beginner|22. One day
- 33. GE|Adults|Beginner|23. I Rode A Camel!
- 34. GE|Adults|Beginner|24. I'm going to Vatican
- 35. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 17-24