GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 5: Would you like a cup of coffee?
1.1 Listen to the conversations. Complete the sentences.
Samantha and Phillip
1.2 Match the pictures with the parts of the dialogue.
2.1 We use the phrase Would you like…? for invitation.
Would you like + noun:
Would you like a cola?
I’d like (= I would like) + noun:
I’d like a coffee, please.
I’d like a soda, please.
Would you like to + verb:
Would you like to go to the concert?
Yes, I’d love to.
- Do you like skiing? (in general)
- Would you like to ski? (invitation)
1.1 Listen and repeat.
1.2 Look at the photos and ask for invitation.
Example: Would you like a tea?
Example: Would you like to go to the gym?
1.3 Listen and repeat the conversation. Pay attention on intonation.
Samantha: Hello, Phillip. How are you today?
Phillip: Hi, Samantha. I’m fine, thank you. And you?
Samantha: Me too. Do you have any plans for today?
Phillip: No, not yet.
Samantha: Would you like to go to the concert with me? I have two tickets.
Phillip: What concert is it?
Samantha: It’s a rock concert.
Phillip: Wow! What time is it?
Samantha: It’s at 9.
Phillip: Yeah, I’d love it! Thanks.
Samantha: Would you like to meet for dinner first?
Phillip: Sorry, I can’t. I need to help mother. I can meet you there.
Samantha: Ok. Let’s meet at the entrance at 8:30.
Phillip: OK. See you.
Samantha: It’s a cool concert! I love it!
Phillip: Mee too. Would you like to have a burger?
Samantha: No, thanks. I’m not hungry.
Phillip: How about cola?
Samantha: Yeah, great.
Phillip: One cola and a soda, please.
Samantha: And I’d like a coffee, please.
Barmen: Milk and sugar?
Samantha: Sugar, please.
Phillip: Come on!
Samantha and Phillip
1.1 Listen to the dialogue. Luiza meets her ex-boyfriend Andy. What does Andy invite Luiza to have and to do?
Andy and Luiza
1.2 Choose the correct option.
1.1 Listen and repeat. Learn the useful phrases.
- Would you like to come with me?
- Yeah, I’d love to.
- Would you like a tea?
- What about a coffee?
- I’d like to ask you something.
- I don’t think it’s a good idea.
- Let’s meet at 8:30.
- See you.
1.1 Listen and repeat the dialogue.
1.2 Invite your friend to a dinner. Can he/she come?
A: Would you like to come to a dinner?
B: Yes, I’d love to. Thanks. When is it?
A: It’s on Friday at 6.
B: OK. See you there.
1.1 Write an email to invite someone to a party or a dinner.
From: Sophie Smith
Would you like to come to my party on Sunday? I’m inviting Liz and Kate too.
Can you come at 6? We can eat ice-cream and popcorn, watch films, relax and talk!
See you on Sunday (I hope!).
1.2 Listen and enjoy the song I’d like to sing.
Homework / Домашнее задание
1.1 Complete the dialogues with the given words. / Составь диалоги с данными словами.
1.2 Complete the invitations. Use the sentences from the chart. / Составь приглашения. Используй предложения из вложения.
1.3 Listen and repeat the offers. / Послушай и повтори предложения.
2.1 Click on the icon below and learn new words with Quizlet app. / Кликни по иконке ниже и учи новые слова в мобильном приложении Quizlet.
- Useful phrases
- 1. GE|Adults|Beginner|1. Nice to meet you!
- 2. GE|Adults|Beginner|2. Where are you from?
- 3. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 1: Can you spell it?
- 4. GE|Adults|Beginner|3. We're Americans
- 5. GE|Adults|Beginner|4. What's your phone number?
- 6. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 1-4
- 7. GE|Adults|Beginner|5. What's in your bag?
- 8. GE|Adults|Beginner|6. Souvenirs and prices
- 9. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 2: How much is it?
- 10. GE|Adults|Beginner|7. People and family
- 11. GE|Adults|Beginner|8. Common adjectives
- 12. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 5-8
- 13. GE|Adults|Beginner|9. What do you have for breakfast?
- 14. GE|Adults|Beginner|10. A long flight
- 15. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 3: What's the time?
- 16. GE|Adults|Beginner|11. What do you do?
- 17. GE|Adults|Beginner|12. My typical day
- 18. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 9-12
- 19. GE|Adults|Beginner|13. Free time in our life
- 20. GE|Adults|Beginner|14. Cinema
- 21. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 4: How can I get there?
- 22. GE|Adults|Beginner|15. I can do it!
- 23. GE|Adults|Beginner|16. Do you like cycling?
- 24. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 13-16
- 25. GE|Adults|Beginner|17. What am I doing?
- 26. GE|Adults|Beginner|18. The Secret Mission
- 27. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 5: Would you like a cup of coffee?
- 28. GE|Adults|Beginner|19. In a hotel
- 29. GE|Adults|Beginner|20. Famous people
- 30. GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 6: Where am I?
- 31. GE|Adults|Beginner|21. It was my dream
- 32. GE|Adults|Beginner|22. One day
- 33. GE|Adults|Beginner|23. I Rode A Camel!
- 34. GE|Adults|Beginner|24. I'm going to Vatican
- 35. GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 17-24