GE|Adults|Elementary|6. Feelings and emotions. How do you feel?
1.1 Match the words and pictures.
1.2 What are your emotions…?
1.1 Match the adjectives with the opposites.
2.1 Complete the sentences. Listen and check.
He wants to drink something.
Listening and Speaking
1.1 Use the feelings and emotions that you’ve heard in the video to describe yourself in the morning.
1.2 Listen to the dialogue. Fill in the gaps.
2.1 You can see different people and their emotions. Imagine the situations. What happened with everybody? Use more adjectives to describe situations and their emotions.
1.1 Here are the tips for a long car journey. Read and write the correct headings to the paragraphs.
Check your car / Stay awake / Packing / Plan your journey / Easy travelling
1.2 Guess the meaning of the words in bold in the previous exercise.
2.1 Here is the list of useful words and phrases. Try to remember them. Make up some sentences using these words.
- great (opposite terrible)
- left (opposite right)
- Be quiet!
- Don’t worry.
- Slow down.
- turn on (opposite turn off)
1. Use imperatives to give orders or instructions.
⦁ [+] imperatives = verb (infinitive.) [-] imperatives = don’t + verb (infinitive)
⦁ Add ’please’ to be polite: Open the door, please.
⦁ We often use ’be’ + adjective in imperatives: Be quiet! Be happy!
⦁ Don’t use pronouns with imperatives: Be careful! Not ’YOU’ be careful!
2. Use ’Let’s + verb (infinitive)’ to make suggestions.
Use ’Let’s not + verb’ to make negative suggestion: Let’s not wait.
1.1 Complete the sentences with a verb. Use ‘+’ or ‘-’ imperative form of the giving verbs:
2.1 Complete with ‘Let’s’ and a suitable verb.
go / have / watch / hurry up / turn on / drink
2.2 Match the sentences to the situations.
Example: There’s an English test tomorrow. ——> Let’s do some revision.
3.1 Complete sentences with right endings from the box.
down / the window / your name / my chocolate / books / green / up / at me
Homework / Домашнее задание
1.1 Look at the pictures and write the correct words.
*Посмотри на изображения и напиши правильные слова.
1.2 Write the opposite meaning of the adjectives.
*Напиши противоположное значение прилагательных.
2.1 Rearrange the words and complete the sentences.
*Поставь слова в правильном порядке и составь предложения.
- Listening and Speaking
- 1. GE|Adults|Elementary|1. Let's meet again!
- 2. GE|Adults|Elementary|2. To be, countries
- 3. GE|Adults|Elementary|3. Can you repeat that, please?
- 4. GE|Adults|Elementary|4. Daily routines
- 5. GE|Adults|Elementary|5. Can you describe it?
- 6. GE|Adults|Elementary|6. Feelings and emotions. How do you feel?
- 7. GE|Adults|Elementary|7. I usually do?
- 8. GE|Adults|Elementary|8. Occupations
- 9. GE|Adults|Elementary|9. Asking questions. Dating
- 10. GE|Adults|Elementary|10. Family
- 11. GE|Adults|Elementary|11. Daily activities
- 12. GE|Adults|Elementary|12. Adverbs and expressions of frequency
- 13. GE|Adults|Elementary|13. Can you sing?
- 14. GE|Adults|Elementary|14. Stop making that noise!
- 15. GE|Adults|Elementary|15. What's the weather like today?
- 16. GE|Adults|Elementary|16. Let's read in English
- 17. GE|Adults|Elementary|17. Pastimes we love
- 18. GE|Adults|Elementary|18. Can music change our lives?
- 19. GE|Adults|Elementary|19. A mistake!
- 20. GE|Adults|Elementary|20. People who made a different
- 21. GE|Adults|Elementary|21. A day to remember
- 22. GE|Adults|Elementary|22. The case of a room murder
- 23. GE|Adults|Elementary|23. A house with a secret
- 24. GE|Adults|Elementary|24. Haunted houses
- 25. GE|Adults|Elementary|25. Diets and your favourite food
- 26. GE|Adults|Elementary|26. How much healthy food do you eat?
- 27. GE|Adults|Elementary|27. The magic luck of numbers
- 28. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 1: Travelling by plane
- 29. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 2: Going to the café
- 30. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 3: Buying clothes
- 31. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 4: How can I get to the theatre?
- 32. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 5: Enjoy your meal!
- 33. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 1-6
- 34. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 7-12
- 35. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 13-18
- 36. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 19-24