GE|Adults|Elementary|9. Asking questions. Dating
1.1 Answer the questions. Pay attention on the question words. Ask your teacher the same questions.
1. How old are you?
2. Do you go to work every day?
3. Do you like social networks?
1.2 Look at the picture and read the question words.
1.1 Choose the right question word and complete the questions.
1.2 Fill the gaps with the question words.
Pronunciation and listening
1.1 Listen and repeat the question words and phrases. How is Wh- pronounced in Who? How is it pronounced in the other question words?
Question words and phrases
2.1 Listen to the dialogue and fill in the gaps.
What do you do?
3.1 Julia and Nicolas meet in a café. Listen to their conversation. Complete the missing verbs.
Julia and Nicolas
3.2 Listen to the second part of the dialogue. Will they meet again? What do you think? Are the statements true or false?
Julia and Nicolas (2)
3.3 Listen to the audio again. Say why false sentences are false.
1.1 Put the words in the right order to make questions.
2.1 Sam and Lena are new friends. They go for a drink. Complete the questions to make the dialogue.
|Do you like art||How do you spend your free time||where do you work|
|And what about you||Is it a well-paid job||What else do you like|
Reading and Speaking
1.1 Read the first date tips. Do you find them useful?
1. Know why you’re dating.
Take a moment to do your mental preparation before you meet your date. Why are you dating? What’s your end-goal? Are you ready for a committed relationship or dating for fun? When your intentions are clear, your meeting will be purposeful.
2. Have fun.
Make up your mind, in advance, to have fun. Dating is a numbers game. Every time you meet someone new, you’re gaining vital information as to what you want (and don’t want) in a partner. No matter the outcome, this attitude allows you to walk away with a gain you can keep.
3. Manage your mindset.
Remind yourself that a bad first date is not the end of the world. If it really is that bad, it’ll make for a funny story to tell your friends later on! Remember this isn’t a job interview where you only have one chance to make a good impression. Just keep your nerves.
1.2 Read the new words from the topic. Make the sentences with these words.
1.3 Answer the questions.
1. What questions should you ask before you have a date?
2. What does the phrase ‘Make fun’ mean?
3. What should you remind yourself about the first date?
1.4 Click in the sentences the right words in bold.
Homework / Домашнее задание
1.1 Write questions to the words in italics. Use question words.
2.1 Speak the words/phrases in English. Use the microphone to do this task.
*Проговори слова/фразы на английском языке. Используй микрофон для выполнения задания.
- Pronunciation and listening
- Reading and Speaking
- 1. GE|Adults|Elementary|1. Let's meet again!
- 2. GE|Adults|Elementary|2. To be, countries
- 3. GE|Adults|Elementary|3. Can you repeat that, please?
- 4. GE|Adults|Elementary|4. Daily routines
- 5. GE|Adults|Elementary|5. Can you describe it?
- 6. GE|Adults|Elementary|6. Feelings and emotions. How do you feel?
- 7. GE|Adults|Elementary|7. I usually do?
- 8. GE|Adults|Elementary|8. Occupations
- 9. GE|Adults|Elementary|9. Asking questions. Dating
- 10. GE|Adults|Elementary|10. Family
- 11. GE|Adults|Elementary|11. Daily activities
- 12. GE|Adults|Elementary|12. Adverbs and expressions of frequency
- 13. GE|Adults|Elementary|13. Can you sing?
- 14. GE|Adults|Elementary|14. Stop making that noise!
- 15. GE|Adults|Elementary|15. What's the weather like today?
- 16. GE|Adults|Elementary|16. Let's read in English
- 17. GE|Adults|Elementary|17. Pastimes we love
- 18. GE|Adults|Elementary|18. Can music change our lives?
- 19. GE|Adults|Elementary|19. A mistake!
- 20. GE|Adults|Elementary|20. People who made a different
- 21. GE|Adults|Elementary|21. A day to remember
- 22. GE|Adults|Elementary|22. The case of a room murder
- 23. GE|Adults|Elementary|23. A house with a secret
- 24. GE|Adults|Elementary|24. Haunted houses
- 25. GE|Adults|Elementary|25. Diets and your favourite food
- 26. GE|Adults|Elementary|26. How much healthy food do you eat?
- 27. GE|Adults|Elementary|27. The magic luck of numbers
- 28. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 1: Travelling by plane
- 29. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 2: Going to the café
- 30. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 3: Buying clothes
- 31. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 4: How can I get to the theatre?
- 32. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 5: Enjoy your meal!
- 33. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 1-6
- 34. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 7-12
- 35. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 13-18
- 36. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 19-24