GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 5: Enjoy your meal!
1.1 Answer the questions
— Who is your favourite famous person?
— Would you like to invite him/her to your house, if you have a chance?
— What kind of dinner would you prepare for your special guest? Describe your table.
Making an invitation to dinner
1.1 Listen to the dialogue and mark if the sentences are true or false.
Jess, thanks for helping me before the exam!
1.2 Listen to the dialogue again and say why the F sentences are false.
2.1 Look at How to say… box. Listen and repeat the phrases from the column 2.
I passed my exam yesterday
3.1 Listen to the speakers and respond with the help of phrases from the How to say… box.
I didn’t get that job.
1.1 Fill the gaps of the menu with Starters, Main courses and Desserts.
2 courses – 18.00$
3 courses – 25.00$
1.2 Guess the meaning of the words in bold. How do you pronounce them? Listen to the words, check and repeat.
2.1 Don’t look at the menu and try to name what was on the menu.
How to order a meal
1.1 Listen to the dialogue. What food and drinks do the friends order?
Good evening, sir!
! Still water = no gas, sparkling water = with gas
2.1 Listen to the dialogue again and complete the phrases.
2.2 Choose the correct word in the given dialogues.
Ending of the meal
1.1 Listen to the second part of the dialogue and answer the questions.
1) What are Alex and Jess going to do this autumn?
2) Do they look at the dessert menu?
3) What do they order?
4) What does Alex say to his friends after the meal?
5) What does Alex ask the waiter for?
2.1 Look at the phrases from the box and write who says each of the phrases (Alex, Peter, Jess, waiter). Then listen to the second part of the dialogue again and check.
2.2 Make up your own dialogue At the restaurant, using the phrases from the How to say… box. Act it out.
Homework / Домашнее задание
1.1 Look at Joe’s Restaurant menu and answer the questions.
*Посмотри на меню ресторана «Joe’s» и ответь на вопросы.
1.2 Find new words or phrases in this menu, highlight them and check their pronunciation and meaning.
*Найди новые слова или фразы в этом меню, выдели их и проверь их произношение и значение.
2.1 Fill the gaps with the words from the box.
*Заполни пробелы словами из вложения.
reservation/ table/ way/ ready/ have/ would/ like/ something/ mineral/ sparkling/ bill
3.1 Match the sentences in two columns.
*Сопоставь две части каждого предложения.
- Making an invitation to dinner
- How to order a meal
- Ending of the meal
- 1. GE|Adults|Elementary|1. Let's meet again!
- 2. GE|Adults|Elementary|2. To be, countries
- 3. GE|Adults|Elementary|3. Can you repeat that, please?
- 4. GE|Adults|Elementary|4. Daily routines
- 5. GE|Adults|Elementary|5. Can you describe it?
- 6. GE|Adults|Elementary|6. Feelings and emotions. How do you feel?
- 7. GE|Adults|Elementary|7. I usually do?
- 8. GE|Adults|Elementary|8. Occupations
- 9. GE|Adults|Elementary|9. Asking questions. Dating
- 10. GE|Adults|Elementary|10. Family
- 11. GE|Adults|Elementary|11. Daily activities
- 12. GE|Adults|Elementary|12. Adverbs and expressions of frequency
- 13. GE|Adults|Elementary|13. Can you sing?
- 14. GE|Adults|Elementary|14. Stop making that noise!
- 15. GE|Adults|Elementary|15. What's the weather like today?
- 16. GE|Adults|Elementary|16. Let's read in English
- 17. GE|Adults|Elementary|17. Pastimes we love
- 18. GE|Adults|Elementary|18. Can music change our lives?
- 19. GE|Adults|Elementary|19. A mistake!
- 20. GE|Adults|Elementary|20. People who made a different
- 21. GE|Adults|Elementary|21. A day to remember
- 22. GE|Adults|Elementary|22. The case of a room murder
- 23. GE|Adults|Elementary|23. A house with a secret
- 24. GE|Adults|Elementary|24. Haunted houses
- 25. GE|Adults|Elementary|25. Diets and your favourite food
- 26. GE|Adults|Elementary|26. How much healthy food do you eat?
- 27. GE|Adults|Elementary|27. The magic luck of numbers
- 28. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 1: Travelling by plane
- 29. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 2: Going to the café
- 30. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 3: Buying clothes
- 31. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 4: How can I get to the theatre?
- 32. GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 5: Enjoy your meal!
- 33. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 1-6
- 34. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 7-12
- 35. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 13-18
- 36. GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 19-24