Listen to the recording and report the sentences
Do you think these things are the same or different? Explain why
1. A supermarket and a market.
2. A chemist and a pharmacy.
3. A shopping centre and a department store.
4. A shopping centre and a shopping mall.
5. A library and a bookshop.
Answer the questions
1. What are the last three shops you have visited?
2. What kind of shops are they?
3. What did you buy there?
Match the words and the pictures
Match the shops and the pictures of what you can buy there
Match the words and definitions
Listen and click on the word with a different sound
Listen and repeat the sentences. Practise saying them
- You can’t get cheese at a chemist’s!
- I had an argument with the manager of the gift shop.
- I had to queue for ages at the baker’s.
- Could you give me the receipt for the shoes, please?
- My new green jacket was a bargain.
Read the statements. Correct and rewrite only the wrong sentences in the gaps. Then click on «Check»
Write some other questions that journalists asked Dr. Makele in reported speech
Complete the texts with words from the list
Read the definitions and write the words
Write the following words in the correct column
Read the interview. Then complete the journalist’s report below with the verbs in bold from the interview using the correct tense
Read the other questions journalists asked Mike. Choose the correct variants of reported speech
Try to remember the words
Complete the sentences with one of the words or phrases from the previous step. Change grammar form if it’s necessary
- What's the difference?
- In the shop
- Consonant sounds
- Reported speech race
- Reported questions
- Types of shops
- The interview
- More words to learn