Grammar Video|Pre-Int|27. Superlatives
Sweet, valuable, polite — which word is the shortest?
A: Let’s play a quick question game! Who is the tallest person in your family?
B: My brother is the tallest.
A: What is the most interesting film you’ve ever seen?
B: The Green Mile.
A: Where can I get the best coffee in your hometown?
B: In the coffee house called «Black».
A: What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever been to?
B: The church in the mountains.
|Short words||small — smaller — the smallest
great — greater — the greatest
pretty — prettier — the prettiest
|Long words||important — more important — the most important
boring — more boring — the most boring
stressful — more stressful — the most stressful
|Irregular forms||good — better — the best
bad — worse — the worst
much — more — the most
little — less — the least
far — further/farther — the furthest/the farthest
— Mind doubled letters: bigger — the biggest
— Change -y into -i: easy — easier — the easiest
🔹Use superlatives to express the highest degree of a word. It can go with «in» — in the world/ in life/ in my family
My brother is the tallest person in the family.
My phone is the most valuable thing in life.
🔹Use superlatives with have/has ever + V3/ed
What is the most interesting film you‘ve ever seen?
It’s the most beautiful picture I‘ve ever seen.
She is the kindest person I‘ve ever known.
Choose the correct comparative and superlative adjective and adverbs to complete the sentences
Write the correct superlative adjective or adverb to complete the sentences
- 1. Grammar video|Pre-Int|1. May or Might
- 2. Grammar video|Pre-Int|2. Modal Verbs (Have to, Don't have to, Must, Mustn't)
- 3. Grammar video|Pre-Int|3. Should, shouldn't
- 4. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|4. Questions With and Without Auxiliaries
- 5. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|5. Word Order in Questions
- 6. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|6. Conjunctions
- 7. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|7. Relative Clauses
- 8. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|8. Reported Speech
- 9. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|9. Expressing Movements
- 10. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|10. Passive voice
- 11. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|11. Phrasal Verbs
- 12. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|12. So Neither + Auxiliary
- 13. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|13. Used to
- 14. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|14. Uses of the infinitive
- 15. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|15. Verb + ing
- 16. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|16. Present Simple
- 17. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|17. Past Simple
- 18. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|18. Present Continuous
- 19. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|19. Past Continuous
- 20. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|20. Present Perfect
- 21. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|21. Be going to
- 22. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|22. Will
- 23. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|23. Present Continuous for Future
- 24. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|24. Quantifiers
- 25. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|25. Something, anything, nothing, etc.
- 26. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|26. Comparatives
- 27. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|27. Superlatives
- 28. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|28. First Conditional
- 29. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|29. Second Conditional
- 30. Grammar Video|Pre-Int|30. Past Perfect Simple