IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|6. The art of colour
Match the museums in the photos and the reviews 1-4
You are going to hear a radio programme about a colour exhibition. Answer the questions
1. What sort of exhibitions have you been to or heard about?
2. Do you prefer to look at museum exhibits or use hands-on, interactive displays? Why?
3. What things could be on a colour exhibition?
Do the tasks in the green box
1. Check how many words you are allowed to use and decide what part of speech they might be.
2. Underline the key ideas around each gap and use these to help you decide what information you need to listen for.
3. Try to predict what the word/phrase in the gap might refer to, e.g. gap 1 ─ something you look through.
Listen and answer Questions 1-6. Put one word in each cell
1. Check how many words you are allowed to use.
2. Read around the gaps and make sure the word(s) you choose make sense.
3. Spell your answers correctly.
Underline key words in Questions 7-10
Listen and answer the questions
Pick from a list
1. Underline the key ideas in the questions.
2. Read through the options and remember that only two of them are correct.
3. As you listen, tick the options you hear. The correct answers may not come in the same order in the recording as they do in the questions.
4. You may hear a paraphrase of a correct option.
Tick the following phrases according to the appropriate section
Match the words to make phrases from the listening task
Watch the video about Eye for Colour exhibition and write a paragraph about it following the instructions in the green box
Describe the exhibition that you would like to visit.
You should mention:
- what the exhibition is focused on;
- who you would like to go with;
- what you could see there;
- why you would enjoy visiting this exhibition.
- a hands-on exhibit
- an interactive display
- a mood room
- a colour cafe
- a giant eyeball
- a circular foot
- to camouflage
- a starting point
- an overall effect
- powerful links
- visual disability
- external environment
- to alter the lighting
- bold colours
Choose the correct word
Complete this passage with the words from the list
Underline the key words around each gap in the table below and decide what information you need to listen for
Listen to the first part of the Listening passage and complete questions 1-6
Read questions 7-10 below and underline the key words or phrases in the questions
Listen and answer questions 7-10
Choose two letters, A-E.
Read the text and fill in the gaps
Read the questions 1-3 and tick the right options
Read the task and prepare your 3-minute speech on the topic «Colour in my life»
Speak no longer than 3 minutes.
Cover all of the points, use the active vocabulary of the lesson.
Part 1 Questions
- Are there any colours you dislike (Why?)
- When you are buying something, is the colour important to you?
- Are there any colours that have a special meaning in your country?
- What colour would you (never) choose to paint the walls of your room?
- Do you think different types of people like different colours ?
- Give reasons for your answers.
- Offer extra details, extend your answer.
- Stress the important ideas in your answer.
- Speak clearly so that the examiner can hear you easily.
- Use wide range of vocabulary and grammar patterns.
- Make your answer coherent by using linking phrases.
Allow your browser access to your microphone, press the button «Record» and record the speech you have prepared
- Exhibitions and museums
- Eye for colour
- Colour preferences
- Exhibition questions
- Colour impact
- Eye for colour
- Colour issues
- A book about colours
- What's life with CVD like?
- The colours you choose
- 1. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 1|1. Information overload
- 2. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 1|2. The mind. Vocabulary practice
- 3. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 2|1. Human nature: character, psychology
- 4. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 2|2. Only a game
- 5. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 2|3. Planning an essay
- 6. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 3|1. Brands
- 7. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 3|2. Time for a change. Business and marketing
- 8. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 4|1. Spotlight on communication
- 9. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 4|2. Fame and the media. Media bias
- 10. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 5|1. Is plastic fantastic?
- 11. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 5|2. Energy. Natural resources
- 12. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 6|1. IELTS Speaking and Listening tips
- 13. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 6|2. Striving to achieve: study, work
- 14. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 7|1. Music matters
- 15. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 7|2. The arts. Writing practice
- 16. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 8|1. Worlds to explore
- 17. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 8|2. Science and discoveries
- 18. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 9|1. Culinary tools
- 19. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 9|2. Modals in conditional sentences. Revision
- 20. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 10|1. Old and new
- 21. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 10|2. The Garden City
- 22. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 11|1. In your dreams
- 23. IELTS|Adults|Advanced|Unit 11|2. The selling of the Senoi
- 24. IELTS|Intermediate| 13. Old innovation
- 25. IELTS|Intermediate|1. Dream city
- 26. IELTS|Intermediate|10. On board
- 27. IELTS|Intermediate|11. Travelling around
- 28. IELTS|Intermediate|12. Different ways
- 29. IELTS|Intermediate|14. At an exhibition
- 30. IELTS|Intermediate|15. Electronic devices
- 31. IELTS|Intermediate|16. Inventions
- 32. IELTS|Intermediate|17. Wild animals
- 33. IELTS|Intermediate|18. In the zoo
- 34. IELTS|Intermediate|19. Animals in our life
- 35. IELTS|Intermediate|2. Booking an apartment
- 36. IELTS|Intermediate|20. Animal life
- 37. IELTS|Intermediate|21. It makes difference
- 38. IELTS|Intermediate|23. Human memory
- 39. IELTS|Intermediate|22. Successful people
- 40. IELTS|Intermediate|24. Talent and success
- 41. IELTS|Intermediate|3. Talking about your hometown
- 42. IELTS|Intermediate|4. Where to go?
- 43. IELTS|Intermediate|7. Family and childhood
- 44. IELTS|Intermediate|5. Explorer and writer
- 45. IELTS|Intermediate|6. Travelling companions
- 46. IELTS|Intermediate|8. Families around the world
- 47. IELTS|Intermediate|9. Machines in our life
- 48. IELTS|Intermediate|Exam: listening and writing
- 49. IELTS|Intermediate|Exam: reading and speaking
- 50. IELTS|Intermediate|Revise and Check 1
- 51. IELTS|Intermediate|Revise and Check 2
- 52. IELTS|Intermediate|Revise and Check 3
- 53. IELTS|Intermediate|Revise and Check 4
- 54. IELTS|Intermediate|Revise and Check 5
- 55. IELTS|Intermediate|Revise and Check 6
- 56. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|1. Being a high achiever
- 57. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|12. Leading a healthy life
- 58. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|10. Placebo effect
- 59. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|11. Changing life expectancy
- 60. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|13. Works of art
- 61. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|14. Aboriginal art
- 62. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|19. The Earth's interior
- 63. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|15. Being good at arts
- 64. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|16. What is a masterpiece?
- 65. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|17. Collecting fossils
- 66. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|18. Evolution and survival
- 67. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|2. University life
- 68. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|20. A valuable possession
- 69. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|21. The role of technology
- 70. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|22. Film making and technology
- 71. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|23. The impact of IT on society
- 72. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|24. Number one website
- 73. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|Revise and Check 6
- 74. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|Revise and Check 8
- 75. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|Revise and Check 7
- 76. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|Revise and Check 5
- 77. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|9. In therapy
- 78. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|Revise and Check 4
- 79. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|Revise and Check 3
- 80. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|Revise and Check 2
- 81. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|Revise and Check 1
- 82. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|Exam Part 2
- 83. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|Exam Part 1
- 84. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|8. Adding colour
- 85. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|4. Career plans
- 86. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|7. The best colour
- 87. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|28. A symbol of a nation
- 88. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|6. The art of colour
- 89. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|29. Exploring space
- 90. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|5. Perceiving colours
- 91. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|27. Endangered species
- 92. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|32. Extraterrestrial phenomena
- 93. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|26. Wildlife wonders
- 94. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|25. Environmental issues
- 95. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|31. Space tourism prospects
- 96. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|30. Observing the stars
- 97. IELTS|Upper-Intermediate|3. Getting a qualification