Choose the correct options
Read the information to get ready for the test
Today you are going to have a final test and revise all the material learned during the course. Let’s look at the test plan.
- You will have to complete tasks on grammar, vocabulary, functional language, listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
- Read the instructions carefully before doing the task.
- Remember that you don’t have to answer all the questions correctly to get a good result.
- Try to relax and deal with easier questions first. Then come back and think about the difficult ones.
Present Simple, Past Simple, Present Perfect and Passive Voice
Complete the text with the correct forms of the given words
Complete the sentences with the correct modal verbs
Degrees of comparison
Choose the correct options to complete the sentences
Correct the grammar mistakes in the sentences and rewrite them
Open the presentation and do the tasks
Phrases to hold a discussion
Phrases to give feedback
Phrases to complete a bug report
Put the words in the correct order to make questions
Phrases to respond to clients’ requests
Tick the appropriate sentences according to the category
Listen to a software engineer describing her typical working day and mark the sentences as True, False or Not Stated
Watch the video and complete the summary of it
Read the text and find the correct heading for each paragraph
Find the words and phrases with a similar meaning in the text
Choose the appropriate criterion which matches each description
Read the task and write a short article in 100–150 words
Think of an IT job of the future that seems the most interesting to you and describe it. You may read 🔗this article for inspiration.
Cover the following points:
- Job title
- Hard and soft skills necessary to succeed in this job
- The main challenges of the job
- Background and education
- Career paths
Write your article in the text area below.
Complete the descriptions of the criteria with the missing words
Read the task and prepare your 3-minute speech about the future of IT
The IT sphere is developing really fast, and it’s difficult to predict what will happen in the future. Some people are afraid that IT is invading our lives, whereas others are optimistic about it.
Speculate about the future of IT and its influence on our lives. Follow the plan:
- Choose one of the questions.
- Give your opinion on it.
- Give some examples to support your point of view and extend the answer.
Choose one of the questions:
- What do you think will be the next biggest technological advance?
- Do you think there will be more or less new innovation in the future?
- Do you believe that one day science will find a way to make people live forever? If so, do you think that would be a good or a bad thing?
- What changes would you like IT to make to the world?
- Are there any changes you don’t want IT to make?
- Will technology be able to make people happier?
- Will humanity benefit from automation?
- Will there be any non-IT jobs in the future?
- What technologies do you think will shape science in the next decade?
- What adjective would you use to describe IT of the future? Why?
Use the voice recorder.
💡Wait! There is more interesting information for you at the next level. I’ll be glad to see you at the Intermediate level of this course!
Reorder the words and read the phrase
- Get ready for the test
- Grammar challenge
- Useful words
- Functional language
- Software engineers' work days
- A successful web designer
- The jobs of the future
- Let's discuss the future of IT
- Your results