Teens|Grammar activating|El|14. My favourite photos
Watch the video and do the task
Complete the expressions with the words from the box
Make sentences about yourself
✔️ I often go to the summer camp on my holidays.
What things do you
- often do on your summer holidays?
- sometimes do on holidays?
- hardly ever do on your birthday?
- enjoy doing at the New Year’s party?
- never do on your friends’ birthdays?
Listen to the conversation between Rosy and Lily and choose the correct option
The girls are looking at the photo of a
a) birthday party.
b) family holiday in another country.
d) New Year’s party.
Listen to the dialogue one more time and complete the sentences with the names
Read the examples and the rule
✔️ Lily and Rosy are looking at the wedding photo.
Henry is smiling.
Louise is looking at Henry.
Tim and Max are playing «Scissors, Paper, Stone».
We use Present Continuous to talk about things happening now and around now, and to describe what we see in photos or pictures.
We form Present Continuous with the help of the verb to be + — ing form of the main verb.
Look how we make Present Continuous:
Look at the picture and complete Isabel’s blog
Look at the rules and examples and write the verbs in -ing forms
|Most verbs: add -ing||Verbs ending in consonant + -e:
remove -e and add -ing
|Verbs ending in -y:
|Verbs with one vowel + one consonant:
double consonant + -ing
|look — looking||write-writing||play-playing||run-running|
Read the messages and choose the correct option to complete them
Make true sentences about the photos. Use the expressions in boxes
✔️— They are dancing.
— No, they aren’t dancing, they’re singing.
Correct the sentences which are false about you
✔️ We’re having a German lesson. — We aren’t having a German lesson, we’re having an English lesson.
- We’re having a German lesson.
- I’m wearing a hat.
- It’s raining outside.
- The teacher’s speaking Russian.
- The teacher’s wearing glasses.
- We’re watching a film.
- We’re practising grammar.
- My dad is sleeping.
- My mum is watching TV.
Listen to the audio and choose if the sentences are True or False
Listen to the dialogue again. Put the words in the right order to make questions
Choose a card and describe the photo
Describe the photo you like
- This is the photo of …
- There are … in the photo.
- The people are …
- Some of us are …
- There is also a …
✔️ This is the photo of a party at our school …
The things you have learnt today
- talk about what people around me and I are doing at the moment;
- talk about holidays and special occasions;
- describe photos using Present Continuous.
Write the -ing forms of the verbs
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb to be
✔️ We are reading our books.
Listen to the recording and match the sentences with the situations
Listen to the recording. Use the given verbs to write what is happening
Listen to the recording. Correct the sentences following the example
Read the task. Prepare and record your answers
- Choose five people from the list.
- Say what you think they are doing at the moment.
✔️ My mum is working now. She’s using her computer and working with the documents.
Allow your browser the access to the microphone, press the button «Click to record» and record the speech you have prepared
Look at the photos and answer the questions
- Where are the people?
- What are they doing?
- Are they having a good time?
- What are they wearing?
- What is the weather like?
Describe the photos. Use the questions as a plan
Советы по написанию задания:
- Прочитайте внимательно задание и вопросы.
- Составьте план того, о чем хотите написать.
- Напишите текст по составленному плану.
- Перечитайте текст перед отправкой на проверку.
- Изучите правила и посмотрите пример здесь.
- Воспользуйтесь программой Grammarly, которая поможет избежать опечаток и исправит некоторые ошибки.
- A photoshoot
- Good times
- Do you want to see a photo
- Things happening now
- How we add -ing
- They aren't dancing
- What are you doing?
- Holiday memories
- The photo you like
- What I can do
- Going, running, jumping
- What's happening?
- In the summer camp
- What are they doing?
- Describe photos
- 1. Teens|Grammar activating|El|1. Welcome to school
- 2. Teens|Grammar activating|El|2. This is my world
- 3. Teens|Grammar activating|El|3. Lost and found
- 4. Teens|Grammar activating|El|4. Family portraits
- 5. Teens|Grammar activating|El|5. The place where you live
- 6. Teens|Grammar activating|El|6. My dream room
- 7. Teens|Grammar activating|El|7. It’s time for lunch!
- 8. Teens|Grammar activating|El|8. Shopping for food
- 9. Teens|Grammar activating|El|9. Let's cook
- 10. Teens|Grammar activating|El| Revise and check 1
- 11. Teens|Grammar activating|El|11. Different lives
- 12. Teens|Grammar Activating|El|12. All the things we like
- 13. Teens|Grammar activating|El|13. The chocolate factory
- 14. Teens|Grammar activating|El|14. My favourite photos
- 15. Teens|Grammar activating|El|15. A day without a mobile
- 16. Teens|Grammar activating|El|16. Going back in time
- 17. Teens|Grammar activating|El|17. Stars
- 18. Teens|Grammar activating|El|18. School is cool
- 19. Teens|Grammar activating|El|19. Ancient civilisations
- 20. Teens|Grammar activating|El|20. Revise and check 2
- 21. Teens|Grammar activating|El|21. Talent show
- 22. Teens|Grammar activating|El|22. Safe cities
- 23. Teens|Grammar activating|El|23. Life now and then
- 24. Teens|Grammar activating|El|24. How to escape from housework
- 25. Teens|Grammar activating|El|25. Similar or different?
- 26. Teens|Grammar activating|El|26. The best in class
- 27. Teens|Grammar activating|El|27. Around the world in 50 minutes
- 28. Teens|Grammar activating|El|28. Revise and check 3