Teens|Grammar activating|El|18. School is cool
Watch the music video and choose the correct options
Сhoose the options you like and talk about them
Read the text and choose the correct option
My first day at the new school
My name’s Ben and I come from Poland. I came to live in England two years ago. I go to a really cool secondary school and my favourite subjects are geography and art. When I arrived here, I couldn’t speak much English. My first day at school was awful!
I remember that I got up early in the morning, put on my new school uniform and went to school by bus. I arrived early and went straight to the secretary’s office. She gave me a timetable and a map of the school. She wrote «E5» on a piece of paper and pointed to it on the map. Then she opened the door and said, «Your classroom is right there, Ben.» I heard the word «right» and left the office. I turned right and started walking. I found the canteen and the school hall, but I couldn’t find classroom E5.
An hour later I was tired and sad. A boy came up to me and asked, «Are you OK?» I wrote «E5» on a piece of paper. «It’s in front of you,» he said pointing at the door. I was very pleased but when I went into the classroom, only the teacher was there. He looked at his watch and pointed to PE on my timetable. I was late — again!
Complete the sentences with the past forms
Find the correct second forms of the verbs
Complete the sentences with the past simple forms of the verbs
Look at the picture and guess the verb. Turn over the card, name the second form of the verb
Put the parts of the text in the correct order to make a story
Make sentences about your first day at school
🔹meet new teachers
🔹have a test
🔹have 4 lessons
🔹write and read
🔹talk to friends
🔹get the timetable
Listen to the recording and put «+» under the school Chen is talking about
Click on «+» or «-«
Look at Mike’s timetable and complete the sentences
Think about a school of your dream, tick the options and describe the day at school
Listen to the song and number the pictures
Click on 1, 2 or 3
Listen to the song again and complete the gaps
Speak about your last holiday
✔️ On my last holiday, I went to the summer camp and met a lot of new friends there …
Grid word search game. Find 9 verbs in Past Simple
Put the verbs into Past Simple forms
Choose the correct option
Listen to the recording and complete Ted’s story
Complete Ted’s email with the correct verbs
Remember your first day at school
Answer the questions:
- What did you do?
- What did you wear?
- Who did you meet?
- What did you like?
- What didn’t you like?
- What lessons did you have?
- What did you do after the lessons?
- Write about your first day at school. Use the questions above as a plan
Советы по написанию задания:
- Прочитайте внимательно задание и вопросы.
- Составьте план того, о чем хотите написать.
- Напишите текст по составленному плану.
- Перечитайте написанный текст перед отправкой на проверку.
- Здесь вы найдете правила написания и пример задания.
- Воспользуйтесь программой Grammarly, которая поможет избежать опечаток и исправит некоторые грамматические ошибки.
- Back to school
- A new school
- Irregular verbs
- Irregular verbs bingo
- First day at school
- The unusual school
- The timetable
- An unusual school
- A holiday song
- What about your holiday?
- Find the verbs
- About the past
- Ted's story
- Ted's in trouble
- Your first day at school
- 1. Teens|Grammar activating|El|1. Welcome to school
- 2. Teens|Grammar activating|El|2. This is my world
- 3. Teens|Grammar activating|El|3. Lost and found
- 4. Teens|Grammar activating|El|4. Family portraits
- 5. Teens|Grammar activating|El|5. The place where you live
- 6. Teens|Grammar activating|El|6. My dream room
- 7. Teens|Grammar activating|El|7. It’s time for lunch!
- 8. Teens|Grammar activating|El|8. Shopping for food
- 9. Teens|Grammar activating|El|9. Let's cook
- 10. Teens|Grammar activating|El| Revise and check 1
- 11. Teens|Grammar activating|El|11. Different lives
- 12. Teens|Grammar Activating|El|12. All the things we like
- 13. Teens|Grammar activating|El|13. The chocolate factory
- 14. Teens|Grammar activating|El|14. My favourite photos
- 15. Teens|Grammar activating|El|15. A day without a mobile
- 16. Teens|Grammar activating|El|16. Going back in time
- 17. Teens|Grammar activating|El|17. Stars
- 18. Teens|Grammar activating|El|18. School is cool
- 19. Teens|Grammar activating|El|19. Ancient civilisations
- 20. Teens|Grammar activating|El|20. Revise and check 2
- 21. Teens|Grammar activating|El|21. Talent show
- 22. Teens|Grammar activating|El|22. Safe cities
- 23. Teens|Grammar activating|El|23. Life now and then
- 24. Teens|Grammar activating|El|24. How to escape from housework
- 25. Teens|Grammar activating|El|25. Similar or different?
- 26. Teens|Grammar activating|El|26. The best in class
- 27. Teens|Grammar activating|El|27. Around the world in 50 minutes
- 28. Teens|Grammar activating|El|28. Revise and check 3