Teens|Grammar activating|El|7. It’s time for lunch!
Look at the photos and discuss the questions
1. What food in the pictures can you name?
2. What is the difference between the lunch boxes?
3. Which box would you choose for lunch? Why?
Match the words with the pictures
Finish the sentences about yourself
Listen to the recording and tick what the children have in the lunch boxes
Listen to the recording one more time and choose the correct options
Countable and uncountable nouns
Divide the words into the right categories
Divide the words into the categories
Study the table and the rule
🔹We use a with singular countable nouns, or an if the noun starts with a vowel.
🔹We use some and any with plural countable nouns and uncountable nouns when we don’t know how much there is of something or it’s not important.
🔹We usually use some in affirmative sentences, and any in negative sentences and in questions.
We’ve got some fruit
Complete the texts with a/an, some or any
Ask and answer about what food there is in your fridge
— Have you got any milk in your fridge?
— Yes, I have. Have you got any fish in your fridge?
— No, I haven’t.
There is a fast food place
Listen to the recording one more time and match the parts to make the sentences
Complete the questions with is or are and answer them
Much, many or a lot?
Complete the sentences with the words from the box
Match the quantifier with its function
Look at the pictures and make short dialogues about them
Choose a button and talk about yourself
Listen to the track and underline the things Emma orders
Listen to the recording one more time and complete the dialogue
What I can do
The things you have learnt today:
- identify countable and uncountable kinds of food;
- use a/an, some/any, much/many, a lot of correctly;
- order food and drinks in a cafe.
- packed lunch
- How much is … ?
- Can I have some … ?
- Anything else?
Complete the text with the words from the box | Составь текст со словами из вложения
Read the clues and write the names of the food | Прочитай ключи и напиши названия еды
Example: Tomatoes are red and round, you add them in a salad.
Tick the countable and uncountable nouns | Отметь исчисляемые и неисчисляемые существительные
Read the sentences and do the task | Прочитай предложения и выполни задание
Choose the correct sentence.
- There are some child.
- There are some children.
Look at the picture and choose the correct option | Посмотри на картинку и выбери правильный вариант
Example: (There’s a/There’s an/There’s some/There are some) table.
Listen to the dialogue and complete it with some or any | Послушай диалог и составь его с some или any
Listen to the recording and complete the sentences | Послушай запись и составь предложения
— How many money have you got?
— Not much. Sorry.
- Lunch boxes
- Different food
- Children's lunches
- Countable and uncountable nouns
- We've got some fruit
- There is a fast food place
- Much, many or a lot?
- How much...?
- Emma's order
- What I can do
- The food we eat
- Countable or uncountable?
- We've got some fruit
- Some or any?
- How much or How many?
- 1. Teens|Grammar activating|El|1. Welcome to school
- 2. Teens|Grammar activating|El|2. This is my world
- 3. Teens|Grammar activating|El|3. Lost and found
- 4. Teens|Grammar activating|El|4. Family portraits
- 5. Teens|Grammar activating|El|5. The place where you live
- 6. Teens|Grammar activating|El|6. My dream room
- 7. Teens|Grammar activating|El|7. It’s time for lunch!
- 8. Teens|Grammar activating|El|8. Shopping for food
- 9. Teens|Grammar activating|El|9. Let's cook
- 10. Teens|Grammar activating|El| Revise and check 1
- 11. Teens|Grammar activating|El|11. Different lives
- 12. Teens|Grammar Activating|El|12. All the things we like
- 13. Teens|Grammar activating|El|13. The chocolate factory
- 14. Teens|Grammar activating|El|14. My favourite photos
- 15. Teens|Grammar activating|El|15. A day without a mobile
- 16. Teens|Grammar activating|El|16. Going back in time
- 17. Teens|Grammar activating|El|17. Stars
- 18. Teens|Grammar activating|El|18. School is cool
- 19. Teens|Grammar activating|El|19. Ancient civilisations
- 20. Teens|Grammar activating|El|20. Revise and check 2
- 21. Teens|Grammar activating|El|21. Talent show
- 22. Teens|Grammar activating|El|22. Safe cities
- 23. Teens|Grammar activating|El|23. Life now and then
- 24. Teens|Grammar activating|El|24. How to escape from housework
- 25. Teens|Grammar activating|El|25. Similar or different?
- 26. Teens|Grammar activating|El|26. The best in class
- 27. Teens|Grammar activating|El|27. Around the world in 50 minutes
- 28. Teens|Grammar activating|El|28. Revise and check 3