Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|1. Your life
How are things at school?
Watch the video, answer the questions
1. What does the episode show?
2. What time do you wake up on weekdays? Do you get up as soon as you wake up?
3. What do you do right after you get up?
4. When do you check your messages and personal accounts?
5. How long does it take you to get ready for school?
Match the parts with each other to get complete expressions
Complete the gaps with the verbs to make collocations
My sister and I
Divide the arguments into the right groups
Listen to the audio and choose the sentences Anna talks about
Me?… No, I’m perfect!
Listen to the recording again and correct the sentences
Read and complete the grammar rule with the correct options
He does it every day
Complete the sentences with the verbs from the list in the correct forms
go, annoy, drink, have, finish, make, have, annoy, want, live, not like, live
Choose the card and make true sentences about you and the people from your life
⇒ I / like (-)
I don’t like milk.
Thomas and Tyler
Listen to the recording and choose the correct adverbs to complete the table
|combs his hair in the morning|
|brushes his teeth after lunch|
|goes to bed early|
Arrange the adverbs according to the certainty they express
Tyler never gets up early
Complete the sentences using the adverbs of frequency
|Tyler gets up very early.||Tyler never gets up very early.|
|Thomas helps mum around the house.|
|Tyler hangs out with friends after school.|
|Thomas leaves his clothes on the floor.|
|Tyler makes a lot of noise in the evening.|
|Thomas annoys his brother.|
Choose if the sentences are True or False for you. Change the false sentences so that they are true
⇒ I’m sometimes late for school. — It’s false. I’m never late for school.
Make true sentences about your and your family’s activities. Use the given expressions or your own ideas
to comb hair, to go on business trips, to work late, to cook dinner, to tidy the flat, to travel, to visit friends, to have a birthday, to go to the park, to hang out with friends, to call relatives, to go out for dinner
Make 3 true and 3 false sentences about your life. Your teacher will guess which are true
What lifestyle do you have?
Make questions, then choose the best answer for you
Questionnaire: What lifestyle do you have?
Read the keys:
Complete the rule
Ask your teacher questions beginning with How often or What to find out the information about the teenagers
How often does … V?
What does … do three times a week?
stay up late
tidy her room
get good marks at school
play computer games
three times a week
Take turns asking and answering questions to find out more about each other
1. What _________ in the evening?
2. How often __________?
3. Where ___________?
4. What kind of ___________?
5. Do you usually ___________?
Where are they now?
Listen to the part of the dialogue and choose the correct answers
Listen and read the dialogue, correct the mistakes
They aren’t reading
Complete the sentences with the phrases from the box, then read and complete the rule
Complete the rule
I’m having a lesson
Use the prompts to make true sentences. Use Present Simple + always, never, sometimes, or Present Continuous + today, at the moment
I / wear pink socks.
I never wear pink socks.
Complete the questions in Present Simple or Present Continuous. Ask and answer in turn
Additional: grammar game
Look at the pictures and find 9 more differences
Example: In picture one the girl is writing a letter, in picture two she is drawing.
Choose a picture. Your partner asks you five questions and guesses the picture you have chosen. Swap parts
— Are you a boy?
— Yes, I am.
— Are you running?
— No, I am not.
— Is the sun shining?
— Yes, it is.
What I can do
Tick the things you have learnt
|1. have a shower||8. watch cartoons||15. surf the Internet|
|2. brush one’s teeth||9. read a book||16. text|
|3. comb one’s hair||10. hang out with friends||17. annoy|
|4. go to bed||11. wear a uniform||18. tidy|
|5. play outside||12. have a party||19. enjoy|
|6. go to school||13. go on holiday||20. annoying|
|7. do homework||14. look forward to||21. wash one’s hands|
|1. always||3. sometimes||5. never||7. twice|
|2. usually||4. hardly ever||6. once|
Match the phrases with the pictures
Complete the sentences with the verbs in the right forms
have, not do, play, watch, brush, play, go, not read, go, read, have
Round the Sun
Put the words in the correct order to make sentences
Correct mistakes in the sentences
Like or likes
Match the sentences with the explanations of the use of Present Simple
Choose the correct options to complete the sentences
Always or never
Complete the sentences with the adverbs to make them true for you
always, usually, sometimes, hardly ever, never
Write the adverbs in the right places in the sentences
I go to bed early. (hardly ever) — I hardly ever go to bed early.
Which is correct?
Choose and mark the correct option to complete the sentences
Make the sentences using prompts. Pay attention to the frequency phrase
I / play computer games / 1 х week. — I play computer games once a week.
Rewrite the sentences
Rewrite each sentence as affirmative (+), negative (-), or yes/no question (?). Use Present Simple
My dad repairs old cars.
My dad doesn’t repair old cars. (-)
Complete the sentences with the correct verb forms
Simple and Continuous
Choose the correct options to complete the sentences
It’s raining (every day / at the moment).
Read the email, choose and write the correct option to complete it
Write the correct form of the verb
Example: We usually wear a uniform. Today we‘re wearing jeans and T-shirts.
What are they doing?
Complete the sentences with the correct forms of the verbs
— What are you watching?
— That new DVD. It’s great.
Answer the questions
Read the questions and choose the correct answers
Hi, Jill! What are you doing?
— I go to bed at half past nine.
— I’m getting ready for bed.
— I do my homework.
A famous scientist
Complete the text using the correct forms of the verbs
Write an email
Imagine that you have to write an email to your friend from another country
In your email, answer the questions:
1. Where do you study?
2. What subjects do you study?
3. How often do you have English lessons?
4. How often do you do sport?
5. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
6. Where are you now?
7. What are you doing?
8. What are the people around you doing?
Write an email to a friend from another country. Use the questions as a plan and some of the words below
1. Read the topic and the questions carefully.
2. Plan what you are going to write about.
3. Write the text according to your plan.
4. Check your writing before sending it for evaluation.
5. Learn the rules and see the sample here.
6. Please use Grammarly to avoid spelling and some grammar mistakes.
|1. always||5. never||9. play outside||13. do homework||17. look forward to||21. watch cartoons|
|2. usually||6. once||10. go to school||14. wear a uniform||18. brush one’s teeth||22. read a book|
|3. sometimes||7. have a shower||11. go to university||15. have a party||19. comb one’s hair||23. hang out with friends|
|4. hardly ever||8. go to bed||12. go to work||16. go on holiday||20. wash one’s hands|
Кликни по 🔗ссылке, переходи в приложение Quizlet и учи/повторяй слова из урока
- School marks
- Everyday life
- My sister and I
- Me?… No, I’m perfect!
- He does it every day
- Thomas and Tyler
- Tyler never gets up early
- Different lifestyles
- What lifestyle do you have?
- Where are they now?
- They aren’t reading
- I’m having a lesson
- Grammar game
- What I can do
- Daily routines
- Round the Sun
- Like or likes
- Always or never
- Which is correct?
- Simple and Continuous
- School party
- What are they doing?
- Answer the questions
- A famous scientist
- Write an email
- 1. Demo | Fun test (Pre-Intermediate)
- 2. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|1. Your life
- 3. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|2. A day in life
- 4. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|3. A Surprise Party
- 5. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|4. The future begins today
- 6. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int| Revise and check 1
- 7. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|6. A bad hair day
- 8. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|7. The way things used to be
- 9. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|8. Incredible stories
- 10. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|9. A haunted house
- 11. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|10. The Canterville Ghost
- 12. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|11. Amazing people
- 13. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|12. Talents
- 14. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|13. Role Models
- 15. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int| Revise and Check 2
- 16. Teens|Grammar activating|Pre-Int|15. Into the wild